Exam Schedule for 2010-2011
Year Long Courses:
December 13 Blocks 1A, 3A
December 14 Blocks 5B, 7B
December 15 (
December 16 Blocks 6B, 8B
December 17 Blocks 2A, 4A
January 10 Blocks 1A, 3A
January 11 Blocks 5B, 7B
January 12 Blocks 2A, 4A (No Delayed Opening)
January 13 Blocks 6B, 8B
FINAL EXAM MAKE-UP POLICY
A student who misses a mid-year or final exam will not be allowed to make up the exam unless he/she has approval from Assistant Principal for Instruction. Any exam not made up will result in a grade of "0" for that exam. Recognizing that there may be some exceptions, the following are valid reasons for making up exams:
1. Death in the immediate family.
2. Confirmed move out of the district that will occur within two weeks prior to the end of the term.
3. Illness as confirmed by a written statement from a doctor. (Only a medical excuse from a doctor will be accepted.)
4. Out of town trips should not be scheduled during exams. Students will not be allowed to take make-up exams because of travel. Some make-up days for inclement weather are included at the end of the school year and may affect the exam schedule. Plan accordingly!
After the exam schedule has been completed, the make-up exam for the midterm (if approved by the Assistant Principal for Instruction) must be taken during non-instructional time at the classroom teacher's discretion. The make up time for final exams will be determined by the Assistant Principal for Instruction.
Only A student who qualifies as a senior at the beginning of the school year may exempt the final examination for a course if she/he;
1. Has official senior status at the beginning of the school year;
2. Has an overall 85 or better average in the course; and
3. Have not received any suspensions or Twilight detentions during the entire school year.
With regard to a semester course, the final examination occurs at the end of either semester.