Friday, October 7, 2011

Welcome Coach Brown to Dutch Fork High - New Staff Profile!

Social Studies Teacher, Matt Brown
Can you tell us a little about your background?
I am from Fort Wayne, Indiana.  I went to Indiana University for my undergrad and UNC Charlotte for my masters.  I have coached basketball at Pfeiffer University for 1 year, UNC Charlotte for 2 years, Stanford University for 1 year, and 1 year at Leo High School in Indiana before coming to Dutch Fork.  I have just recently gotten married on August 6th of this year to former Nicole Cummings.  We currently live in Lexington.  This is my first year of teaching

Why did you become a teacher?
 I became a teacher to help mold kids into young adults, to serve the community, and to help the students realize and pursue their goals and dreams.

What appealed to you about Dutch Fork High School?
 What attracted me to Dutch Fork High School was their terrific administration and staff that works at the High School, as well as the high academic standards the Dutch Fork prides themselves on.

Tell us some interesting about yourself?
Something interesting about myself is that I love the arts.  I have played the guitar for the past 16 years, I enjoy photography, and I love to oil paint in my spare time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting our blog. Your comments will be posted soon! Help us spread the word and post this link to your Facebook and Twitter accounts.