By: Robert S. Jackson, Ed.S., Assistant Principal for Instruction
On Tuesday September 21, 2010, Dutch Fork High will hosted an informational Seminar for all parents and guardians of students enrolled (or interested) in honors or advanced placement (AP) courses. This seminar was held in the auditorium at 6:30pm. Topics discussed were as follows:
- Goals and Objectives of Program
- What is Advanced Placement and its Prelevance
- AP and College Success
- Factors Influencing Admission Decisions
- Benefits of Taking Rigorous Courses
- The Dutch Fork Approach
- Current AP Courses at DF
- New and Emerging AP Courses
- Performance Data
- Cost Savings Related to Taking AP Courses
- PSAT/SAT, PLAN/ACT'
- Scholarship Opportunities
- any much, much more.....