By: Gregg Morton, Principal
Dutch Fork High School was evacuated today around 12:00 noon due to a strong smell of gasoline on our first floor. The Richland County Fire Department immediatly responded, investigated the situation, and located the problem. As soon as the situation was isolated, steps were taken to prepare the building for the safe return of our students. At no time was there a gas leak. The smell was triggered by a cleaning solvent being used by a contractor repairing a pipe. As always, we will take all necessary preacutions to ensure the safety and well being of all students and staff.